12.26.2010

There was no possibility of taking a walk that day.

As I've mentioned before, Bronte's Jane Eyre is my favorite book, and I recently found out that it's being made into a new film that comes out in March. I started a collection of different editions a few years ago, and got a new copy as a Christmas gift yesterday (the Penguin Classic hard cover). In honor of that, am posting some other great editions that I would love to add to my collection:

Illustrations by Reuben Toledo $16.00

Custom fabric cover and hand typeset text £19.95

Signet Classic, 1960 edition $0.25


1940s wartime edition $9.99


Jane Eyre: The Graphic Novel



1877 Illustration Edition $899 
(Something tells me I won't be getting this one any time soon...)


1960s copy $26


Dame Darcy's illustrated edition $21.95


Grau Sala's 1950 cover


A collected gallery of covers is located here 
if you're interested in looking at more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...