5.30.2011

Fog Advisory

The weather has been crazy in Ohio lately - I think it's rained 18 of the past 20 days. And now that the rain has stopped, it's turned immediately to summer and is 90 degrees out. So when I was getting ready for work Friday morning and Mom told me she'd heard there was a fog advisory, I wasn't surprised. We've had lots of damp and steamy days, and early morning fog was inevitable.

Prepared for a frustrating drive, I got on the highway and found myself in the middle of...

nothing.

It wasn't foggy, or even rainy. It was fine. Those weather people must not know what they're talking about. I continued driving and didn't give it a second thought.

I didn't give it a second thought, that is, until about twenty minutes later when hit a clear patch. Suddenly the colors were brighter, I could see farther, the whole world seemed warmer. There really had been fog.

That's when I realized what an analogy I was seeing. For the first part of my drive, I thought everything was just fine.  I didn't notice that I was surrounded by a light fog until I got past it and life was better. Have you ever had an experience like that, where you're doing all the things you always do, and suddenly something changes, and you realize what you've been missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...