8.18.2011

Best Thing: Hello Trendy

The second new feature I'm starting is something I'm calling Best Thing. Basically, it's the best thing I've see/heard/read this week (or day, depending on how much cool stuff I find!). These posts will link you to a site, product, or blog that I enjoy. My goal with these new features is to start updating more frequently than my one-a-month book reviews.  There's also a new "Features" section below the search bar that you can click to see everything in each category. Keep checking back for new posts!

I love Hello Kitty. I'm not going to deny it. I don't care that I'm almost 25, I think she is adorable and I shamelessly own plenty of HK swag. And people love to give me Hello Kitty stuff, which makes me happy. My nieces and nephew made me a birthday card out of a poster board last year and drew a giant Hello Kitty for me. It was the best.

Needless to say, I'm a sucker for artist/HK mashups. I just about died when Obey did a print for Sanrio (you can see it here). I love it when Hello Kitty masquerades as other famous characters. I found an artist named Andrew Mark Hunter recently in the Society6 shop who has created a wonderful array of HK illustraitons. Below are some of my favorites:
















Hello Avengers





















Kitty Scissorpaws
















Pulp Fiction Kitty


















Ghostbusters Kitty


So awesome! If I had money to spare, I'd be getting prints of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...