8.29.2011

Top 5: Webding Glyphs

No, the topic today isn't written in a foreign language, it's a typography reference. "Webding" is a typeface of symbols that comes included on most computers for use as bullets and icons. A "glyph" is a specific character within that typeface, like the letter "p" or the @ sign. In symbol fonts like Webding, every glyph is a tiny picture. I was working on a project the other day that needed a large variety of arrows, so I was scrolling through Webding's glyphs to see what was available. I found some hilarious stuff! These are my Top 5 favorites.

Note: I made up the titles of all of the symbols, I have no idea if they have real names out there somewhere.

5. Construction Site










Is this where they build #s? I'm not entirely sure what this is supposed to be.

4. Chipmunk










Is it a chipmunk? A weird looking rat? Is it's tail even connected? Why does it only have one front paw? So many questions.

3. Floating Invisible Man













Hasn't everyone done a project where they thought, If only I had an illustration of an invisible business man floating in midair...? I guess the font designers did.

2. Mona Lisa










You know you're a master painter when your work is reproduced in tiny pixel form. At least they framed it.

1. No Pirating










No shirt, no shoes, no pointy-headed one-eared pirates. I don't think I will ever have a good reason to use it, but it's awesome nonetheless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...