9.19.2011

Top 5: Songs About Years

Have you ever thought about how many songs are named after certain years? I didn't google it to find out a number but I know there are a lot. These are the videos to my favorites, plus the lyrics where the title comes from. What's your favorite song with a year for a title?


5. 1983 by Neon Trees



I've been on my knees and crawling/Back to you, it's coming all back to me/1983

4. 1901 by Phoenix


Girlfriend, oh your girlfriend is drifting away/Past and present 1855, 1901

3. 1985 by Bowling for Soup



Her two kids in high school/They tell her that she's uncool/But she's still preoccupied/With 1985

Fun Fact: My sister and I saw BFS in concert at the State Fair. They may be a totally random band to include on this list, but their show was super fun!

2. 1999 by Prince


They say two thousand zero zero party over, oops, out of time/So tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999

*Bonus!* This is the Pop-Up Videos version, enjoy!

1. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins



Shakedown, 1979/Cool kids never have the time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...