10.01.2011

September Novel: Brideshead Revisited

I have to confess, I’m getting pretty sloppy about writing these blog posts. I finished this book probably two weeks ago and instead of blogging about it right away when it was fresh in my mind I put it off over and over again. It’s becoming a bad habit, waiting to long and then not having much to say about the book when all is said and done. I feel like I’m cheating it in some way by not giving it a proper memorial. Better late than never, though, right?

The complete title to Evelyn Waugh’s book is Brideshead Revisited: The Sacred and Profane Memories of Captain Charles Ryder

[Sidenote: I always forget that Evelyn Waugh is a man. Evelyn seems like such a feminine name, it’s not even one of those gender neutral it-could-go-either-way names like Kelsey or Jordan or even Shannon. It probably sucked having a girly name. Then again, I’ve always lived as a girl with a boy’s name, and it has served me pretty well. Except that time I was at the ER as a kid and the doctor was surprised I was female (Didn’t the F on the chart tip you off? Why am I trusting you with my healthcare?). But I digress.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...