5.15.2012

Top 5: Wedding Themes

I don't know what it is about weddings lately, but it seems that all of a sudden EVERYONE I know is planning their upcoming nuptials. I have already been to one wedding this spring, have three on my calendar, and know two couples who got engaged over the weekend. Apparently the entire world is twitterpated right now (or maybe it's a residual effect of Ring by Spring?) because even I have bridal on the brain! So far I've been able to suppress my desire to create a cliche dream wedding Pinterest board but that hasn't stopped me from keeping a hidden Gmail folder full of links to ideas. After searching through my archives, here are my current favorite wedding themes and trends.

5. The Hunger Games-Inspired Wedding

Photography by
Courtney Clarke Photography
When it comes to creating a wedding around a movie or novel, I can tell you that recent phenomenon The Hunger Games wouldn't be at the top of my list. But the ladies over at The Wedding Chicks used the characters to inspire a beautiful rustic wedding with vintage glass, bows and arrows, and - what else? - wonderful artisan breads. I especially like the invitations with the line "together with the blessing of the Captiol"

See the entire photo shoot at The Wedding Chicks




4. Up-Inspired Wedding

When it comes to love stories, it's hard to beat Carl and Ellie's in Pixar's UP. Their heartwarming romance inspired couple Lynnette and Jimmy to design their entire wedding around the film. It's perfectly adorable, with balloons, picnic blankets instead of seating, even the hand-print mailbox. My favorite piece is the sweet bottle cap pin worn by the groom.

Photos by Wildflowers Photography
 See the whole wedding at the Disney Wedding Blog








3. The Princess Bride-Inspired Wedding

Why didn't I think of this?? For a movie that centers around a princess getting married, it sure doesn't get used as wedding inspiration much. Inconceivable. While this (like the Hunger Games wedding) is only a photo shoot, their details were fantastic - from swords at the end of each pew, to vials of iocane powder, white horses, and a cake declaring "as you wish", it captured the film fantastically. I love the peanuts as favors/snacks - although there is no mention of "wuv, twoo wuv," which I would absolutely have to include were I throwing a Princess Bride wedding!

View the entire photo shoot at Green Wedding Shoes






2. Bright Backyard Wedding

This colorful and whimsical event is exactly the kind of wedding I would love to have. It's fun and playful, with paper lanterns in the trees, chevrons, custom beverage bottles, mason jars, paper flags, and best of all, pompoms to throw at the newlyweds instead of rice or bubbles. Not to mention the circus tent and bistro lights! It looks like a fun wedding to attend.

See more of the wedding at Merriment Events









1. Bright DIY Wedding

Take the #2 wedding, combine it with this one, and you have the perfect Sweet Madness Dream Wedding: bright colors, vintage pieces, unique floral arrangements, and everything do-it-yourself. They even gave out custom-wrapped jars of peanut butter as favors! Talk about creative. The only reason this wedding earned the #1 spot, though, is because of those fabulous tights the bridesmaids are wearing. I can't wait to make my future bridal party do the same!

Check out the rest of the wedding at 100 Layer Cake



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...