10.10.2011

Top 5: All-Time Favorite Foods

A few weeks ago I was at the Bellville World's Fair having lunch with my friend Leslie and introduced her to the most delicious fair food of all time - Indian Bread. After only one bite she declared that it might have just broke into her top five foods list, ranking with powerhouse choices like donuts and pancakes. I realized I didn't have an official list of favorite foods - it's time to remedy that!

5. Indian Bread
 
Every year I wait anxiously for the fair so I can eat this. Funnel cakes, fresh-cut fries, corndogs, who needs 'em? I have introduced so many of my friends to this yumminess that the people who own the stand should be sending me a commission. I finally learned the secret to their delicious bread: it's a traditional Native American dish called fry bread, a simple and slightly sweet dough that is deep fried to perfection.



4. Thank You® Butterscotch Pudding

If Heaven came in an unassuming can in the baking aisle of a grocery store, it would be made by Thank You. This stuff is seriously amazing. I'm not even necessarily a butterscotch fan but this tastes so good I have to force myself not to eat a whole can at once. Trust me, go buy some, put it in the fridge overnight, open and eat directly with a spoon. Preferably when no one is home so you don't have to share. There's a reason they label it as "the ultimate pudding and pie filling."






3. London Broil

Sorry, steak lovers, but this particular cut of meat is better than any T-bone steak I've ever had. When cooked properly - i.e., exactly how my mom does it - there is a slightly crispy crust (I think the Food Network guys call it a bark?) and the rest is super tender. It practically melts in your mouth it's so good. Try not to drool on your keyboard when looking at this photo

Maybe this list was a bad idea. I'm getting really hungry...




 2. SweeTarts/Bottle Caps

If you're ever buying candy for me and don't know what to pick, there is one simple question you can ask yourself: Is it made by Wonka®? If the answer is yes, there is a 98% chance I will like it. For some reason my favorite candies are all powdery and tablet shaped. It started when my grandma gave us Smarties as kids; then moved up to SweeTarts, in regular and special Easter shapes; currently I am loving the soda-flavors of Bottle Caps. I try to limit myself to to boxes the size you get at movie theatres so I don't end up with cavities after eating them by the pound.

1. Pasta

I love pasta. I could eat it every single day. I don't, because that's an awful lot of carbs for one person, but I could. It doesn't seem to matter what you put with it, you can make pasta taste good with anything. Vegetables? Sure. Meat sauce? Of course. Cheese? Absolutely. Bread? Redundant, but still delicious. When I traveled to Italy we actually did eat it every day - but then again we probably walked 5 miles a day on tours, so it worked out all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...