10.25.2012

September Novel: Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea

I finished this book ages ago, and have read multiple things since then, so this is going to be another abbreviated blog post.

I added this book to my 2012 reading list for a couple of reasons: 1, it’s a classic I had never read, and 2, I was fascinated by the character of Captain Nemo in the film version of the graphic novel The League of Extraordinary Gentleman. In the movie, fictional characters including Tom Sawyer, Dorian Gray, and Dr.Jekyll/Mr. Hyde go on adventures together aboard the Nautilus with Nemo himself, and the portrayal of both the man and the boat were intriguing. It’s modern technology designed in the Victorian era, a veritable steam-punk visual interpretation.

Read more >> 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...