7.20.2012

Best Thing: Rancho Fiesta's Fish Tacos

My parent's have a long-standing tradition of going out for Mexican every Thursday evening with a group of friends from church. For a while, when my dad was working nights, I was fortunate enough to get to tag along as my mother's date and enjoy delicious Mexican dishes, most of which I cannot pronounce. While I love their steak fajitas and chicken nachos, my favorite thing on the menu (aside from their house salsa) is Fish Tacos.

Fresh salsa & chips
I know they're not everyone's cup of tea, and most of my parents' friends complain because they think that they smell weird, but I love them. I first had fish tacos in Nashville a few years ago and have been trying to find good ones since - a lot of places think they can make them, and end up serving battered and fried fish in a tortilla, which is gross.

Rancho Fiesta, however, does it exceptionally well. An order of fish tacos gets you four soft tortillas each with a lightly-seasoned piece of white fish and topped with a red cabbage and cilantro slaw. Toppings on the side are shredded mozzarella, a verde sauce (too spicy for me), and fresh mango salsa. Not to mention a good portion of Spanish rice.


Fish taco with cheese & mango salsa

Mangoes, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro
Spanish Rice


Yum! If you're ever near Mansfield, Ohio, be sure to check out Fiesta Mexicana (located here), our favorite Mexican place in town. Be careful, though, the endless salsa and warm chips are addicting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...