7.23.2012

Top 5: Websites I Love to Waste Time On

There are days and times that rather than being productive, you just want to kick back and look at things without having to make much of a commitment to think. Some people relax by playing video games, reading murder mystery novels, or watching HIMYM marathons,  but I like to let my mind wander by scrolling through some of my favorite websites. My top 5 time-wasting sites are below.

5. Blogger
I host this blog on the Google blog platform, and subscribe to all the blogs I follow through their built-in reader. So every day I can log into my blog, check my stats, and scroll through the updates of all my favorite blogs. Some of the blogs I follow are Design*Sponge, How About Orange, The Sexy Celibate, and My Milk Toof.

4. Etsy
For someone who allows themselves very little spending money, I sure spend an inordinate amount of time on this site. Recently I've been spending a lot of time searching for pieces to add to my vintage 70s Crazy Daisy Corelle Dishes collection but I've also been known to spend hours leafing through the "Geek" category. There are some awesomely geeky things on there! Not to mention lots of wonderful vintage clothing that I wish I owned all of.

3. Laughing Squid
 This is one of the few sites that I visit almost every single day. Technically it's a blog run by a web hosting company, but they find and share the most fascinating stuff, from videos of rubber bands causing a watermelon to explode to pool noodle Light Saber crafts. They stuff they post never ceases to amaze me.

2. Hello Giggles
 Hello Giggles is a site with a positive predisposition predominantly for women that was founded by actress Zooey Deschanel and two of her close friends. There are a number of posts every day, from an Illustrated Tweet of the Day, to live feeds of cute animals, and columns with names like "Lists of Stuff" and "Old Lady Movie Night." A current favorite article is the recently-posted The Badassification of Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The Hello Giggles crew are definitely my kind of people!

1. Pinterest
I don't think I even need to explain this one. Pinterest is a social bookmarking site that categorizes people's favorite places around the web and links to them via a featured photo. You can spend hours (not even exaggerating here) filtering through categories such as Food & Drink, Art, Home Decor, DIY & Crafts, or my favorite, Geek. Chances are you'll find lots of things you didn't know, want to try, and think are awesome. I think I've been a member of the site for almost two years now, and have the 900+ pins to prove it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...