9.03.2011

Happy International Bacon Day!

One day in college, some of my apartment mates and I saw a late night commercial for macaroni and cheese with bacon from a pizza delivery company. It made us all hungry, and we realized that nothing was stopping us from frying up a whole pound of bacon and eating it with a box of mac and cheese. So we did. And the infamous Bacon Party was born.

Since then, we ventured to make all sorts of weird bacon foods - candied bacon, maple bacon cupcakes, and my all-time favorite, bacon ice cream. Since we popularized the love of bacon on our campus it has become a phenomenon and everyone is cashing in on the bacon craze (I'm still a bit sad that I missed out on Denny's Baconalia earlier this year!). To celebrate International Bacon Day, I'm sharing with you the recipe I followed when I forced my friends and relatives to try bacon ice cream.

Bacon Ice Cream @ Home, MyLastBite.com 

(Image and recipe courtesy of MyLastBite via Flickr)

1 Pint of Dulce de Leche Ice Cream
3 Strips of Thick Bacon
1/4 cup of chopped pecans

Cook bacon extra crispy, pat dry, and chop into pieces.
Set aside a teaspoon of bacon & nuts for topping.
Let ice cream soften slightly and stir in nuts and bacon. Refreeze if desired or serve immediately.

It's easy and delicious! Just make sure the bacon is dry so you don't get weird greasy spots. If you like sweet and salty things then you'll love this. Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...