10.17.2011

Top 5: Guilty Pleasure Albums

Everyone has those CDs (or cassettes, if you're old school) that you love but hope that no one finds out that you own. Maybe you uploaded it to your iTunes and trashed the disc so no one would see. Or maybe your soundtrack to RENT is hid inside the case of your Metallica album. However you decide to hide it, it's still your guilty pleasure. These are the albums I'm the least proud of owning but listen to on repeat anyway.



5. Titanic Soundtrack

I love listening to soundtracks. This one will always remind me of 6th grade sleepovers and listening to the Celine Dion song over and over again. I actually bought this CD using the points I earned reading books in our school's reading program. It helped that I read a lot and had a bajillion points to spend. I also played the flute in junior high, and we played this song in my band class. Want to get a middle school girl to like band in the 90s? Make them play My Heart Will Go On.




4. Human Clay by Creed

When I was a kid, I thought the only types of music were country, classical, and musical soundtracks. It (sadly) wasn't until I was in like the 4th grade that I realized there were other radio stations than the one my mom listened to in the car. It still took me a while to get over the country thing but eventually I started loving Creed, who I consider my "crossover" band from country to everything else. I was only 13 when this came out but I still love that if you play it super loud you can hear a heartbeat at the beginning of With Arms Wide Open.




3. Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson

Normally I refuse to listen to songs that include the word "U" in the title, but her stuff is just so catchy I can't help but like it. It's the kind of music you play loudly in the car when you're on the highway and know that no one you pass will ever see you again.








2. Home for the Holidays  by *NSYNC

I don't care if you make fun of me, I love this album. We have a stack of Christmas albums we listen to every year and this is one that my sister and I insist on including. If you can listen to Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays" and NOT feel holiday warm fuzzies, you may have a heart that is two sizes too small.







1. Anything by Justin Bieber

Biebs gets the #1 spot not because I like him the best, but because this he is the most embarrassing on the list. It drives me absolutely crazy that I like his music. I don't really want to like it. My 5-year-old niece loves him and sings his songs on a neverending cycle. I should not have the same musical taste as a kindergartener. But as with Kelly Clarkson, his songs are just so catchy! Now I'm going to have to go put on my Bieber station on Pandora and hope Baby comes on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...